Fall is the perfect time to ramp up your fitness program. With cooler temperatures and beautiful landscapes, not only will you feel refreshed exercising in the crisp mornings and afternoons, your senses will be in for a treat with all the colorful scenery. Here are 7 super ideas to fall into fitness.
1. Go Outside. If you’ve been avoiding exercising outside because it’s too hot, now is the time to move your workout outside. According to Michael Joyner, M.D. and Endurance Expert at the Mayo Clinic, “In the cold your body can regulate its temperature a little better, meaning you can often exercise farther and longer so you burn more calories.” Walking, cycling or hiking are magnificent this time of the year with all the fall foliage.
2. Learn Something New. Learn a new sport or join a class at the gym. Fall is the perfect time to add a new activity to your regimen. Sports that are great to start at any age: Cycling, swimming, golf, tennis or yoga.
3. Make TV Time, Exercise Time. Make your TV time productive. While watching your favorite show, walk or run in place, lift weights or during commercials do lunges, push-ups or sit-ups. New fall shows are the perfect reason to make a date with TV and exercise.
4. Steal Steps When You Can. Park farther away from your work or store entrance. Take the stairs instead of elevators; walk during your lunch break or walk in place in your cube for a minute to get your energy up. Also if you are at your kids' soccer or sports practice, instead of sitting in the bleachers waiting for them, walk around the field.
5. Sign Up for Races and Walks to Benefit Charities. Pick a run or walk every weekend and make it your exercise for the day. You’ll be amazed at the steps you log and feel great about supporting a good cause.
6. Make your Furry Companion your Exercise Partner. Fall is the perfect time to take your dog on a hike or walk. They love the cool weather and you don’t have to worry about them overheating. If you don’t have a pet, offer to walk your neighbor’s pet. They can make your routine walk around the neighborhood more exciting.
7. Stay Safe and Warm. Fall days can vary in temperatures so you may want to dress in layers. Also with the days getting shorter, part of your evening walks or bike rides might be in the dark. Wear reflective clothing and carry a flashlight. If you are riding your bike, it might be good to invest in a headlight or a blinking tail light.
Don't forget to pack your Superberries for extra energy and great antioxidants. Add our Aroniaberry Concentrate to your water bottle. Fill a few zip lock bags full of Superberries Aroniaberry Gummies or trail mix with our gummies added. Also, our 100 calorie packs of Aroniaberry Gummies are easy to slip into your pocket for a super snack on the trail.