Pumpkin, cranberry, orange, apple, cloves, cinnamon, and nutmeg are just some of the delicious flavors of fall. We don’t often include Aronia berries in this list, but we should. Harvested in the fall, Aronia berries are tiny antioxidant powerhouses that we can add to almost every recipe to increase nutritional density. Even though we usually think of them as summer foods, smoothies should also be on our list of fall favorites. To transition your summer smoothies into fall, here are 7 fall-flavored smoothie ideas to inspire you.
1. Aronia Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Pumpkin is one of the most iconic fall flavors, and they are full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Medjool dates contain significant amounts of essential minerals and fiber. Combining them with Aronia berries makes for a delicious powerhouse of a smoothie.
2. Berry Pomegranate Smoothie This recipe calls for mixed berries and pomegranate juice, but you can use Frozen Aroniaberries in place of the mixed berries or substitute ½ teaspoon Aroniaberry Concentrate in ¼ cup water for the pomegranate juice. Pomegranates provide substantial amounts of vitamins C and K and other antioxidants. The Aronia berry scores almost four times higher than the pomegranate on the ORAC scale, which measures a food’s antioxidant power. If you use frozen Aronia berries and pomegranate juice together, you might want to add a little honey to sweeten it up.
3. Green Apple Spinach Smoothie Though this recipe doesn’t call for berries specifically, Frozen Aronia berries or Aroniaberry Concentrate would make a beautiful addition to the recipe. Spinach in smoothies can taste quite green, so adding Aronia berries will not only complement the bright flavor of the apples, but it might also mask some of the spinach flavor so you can eat your veggies and feel great about it.
4. Pear Smoothie with Vanilla, Honey, and Lime Zest This recipe calls for kefir rather than regular yogurt, and combined with the lime zest, it has a bit of zing to it, though the flavors are still subtle. Add some deep purple Aronia berries to this smoothie recipe to ramp up the nutritional value and brighten the taste.
5. Aronia Berry Smoothie This smoothie recipe contains no dairy or dairy substitute, so it is light and bright. To make it a bit more fall festive, substitute apple cider for the juice and sprinkle in some class pumpkin pie spice.
6. Cranberry Walnut Apple Smoothie For a smoothie with an earthy flavor and an extra boost of protein, try this recipe. It combines fall fruit flavors with nuts, spices, and maple syrup to create a delicious and festive beverage. You can replace cranberries with Aronia berries in almost any recipe to increase the level of antioxidants.
7. Chocolate Aronia Smoothie This recipe is almost like dessert with its cocoa powder and chocolate almond milk. To increase the iron and mineral content, use cacao powder instead of cocoa powder.Smoothies are one of the easiest foods to adapt to suit your taste and your mood. Using these recipes as a starting point, you can easily eat well while enjoying yourself, too.