Finally, fresh fruit and vegetable season has arrived. The farmers’ markets are open and week-by-week there will be more delicious produce for you to serve at your table. Pairing Aronia berries with your favorite dishes will pep up the flavor, brighten the color palette, and increase the nutrition in every bite. Here are 7 super ways to serve salads at your house this summer.
1. There is just something about a fruit salad that makes it perfect for a hot summer day. Adding Superberries frozen Aronia berries to your favorite fruit salad will increase the nutrition without adding a lot of calories. Aronia berries pair well with other berries, but you can also mix them with your other favorite fruits. Because of their tartness, consider combining them with sweeter fruits. If you are using a large proportion of Aronia berries to other fruits, consider a sweet fruit salad dressing such as a honey lime drizzle.
2. To turn your fruit salad into a meal, consider mixing your berries with leafy greens, avocado, and some nuts for more protein and healthy fats. The candied nuts and tangy dressing of this recipe combined with the tartness of Aronia berries create a perfect balance of exciting flavors to leave any eater feeling satisfied. Use equal parts of Aronia berries to other berries to receive the nutritional benefits of all of them. Mixed Berry Salad With Tangy Vinaigrette • One Lovely Life
3. If you are looking for more protein, combining fruits, vegetables, nuts, and meats can create an ideal one-bowl meal. This recipe calls for breaded chicken and bacon, but if you would like it a bit lighter, you can use grilled chicken and eliminate the bacon or substitute cooked chickpeas for both. Add ¼ cup Aronia berries to the mix and consider adding one ounce of Aronia berries to the dressing to give it a kick. Summer Berry & Crispy Chicken Chopped Salad (thecozyapron.com)
4. If you are looking for a heartier salad, check out this brussels sprouts-squash salad that includes Aronia berries in the dressing or gastrique as well as the salad. The zesty mixture of flavors in the gastrique and the addition of the Aronia berries to the muted flavors of the sprouts and squash will please even the most brussels sprout-resistant folks. Aronia Berry Salad with Squash and Brussels Sprouts | Iowa PBS
5. Don’t forget the dessert salads. This pineapple-Aronia berry salad pairs the sweetness of the pineapple with the tartness of the Aronia berries for a delicious, sweet treat that is light on calories but heavy on flavor. Aronia Berry Salad – American Aronia Berry Association For an even sweeter treat, consider this cheesecake fruit salad. Add 1 cup of Aronia berries to the recipe. Very Berry Cheesecake Salad | The Recipe Critic
6. In addition to adding Aronia berries to your salads, you can use them in dressing for use on almost any salad. This vinaigrette recipe pairs well with most salads. Aronia Vinagrette – American Aronia Berry Association
7. Though it might not seem like a salad dressing, you will be pleasantly surprised. This Aronia berry chutney is a versatile condiment that pairs well with most summer salads and anything you would add chutney to. Aronia Berry Chutney Recipe (ediblewildfood.com)
No matter what type of salad you are craving, the addition of Aronia berries to the recipe will add essential nutrients and antioxidants, so you can feel good about serving them to the people you love. Stocking Superberries Frozen Aronia berries in your freezer will help you add a nutritional punch to every meal.